My little nieces love to help decorate these doughnut-shaped cookies. They top them with sprinkles, chopped pecans or crushed candy canes.—Jolie Stinson, Marion, IN
Featured In: 42 Desserts That Are Just Too Cute
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Sprinkles and chopped nuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. doughnut-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in cream, corn syrup and vanilla. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate; whisk until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Dip tops of cookies into glaze. Decorate as desired with sprinkles and chopped nuts. Let stand 30 minutes or until set.
- Freeze option: Place wrapped disks in resealable plastic freezer bag; freeze. To use, thaw disks in refrigerator until soft enough to roll. Prepare, bake and decorate cookies as directed. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Glazed Doughnut Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2015, p11
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Doughnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review