Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toasted shaved coconut and chopped almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coconut extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in coconut. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Top with toasted coconut and almonds if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake(6)
Sort By :
"This tastes just like an Almond Joy!" Those were the first words out of my mouth after taking my first bite. Really, the flavor was spot-on, and that's a very good thing in my books! I followed this recipe fairly closely, without adding or eliminating any ingredients. However, there are a few things I'd like to mention:
Crust: used Honeymaid lowfat graham crackers, only because I actually prefer the flavor/texture over fullfat graham crackers. Also used 1/4 cup more crumbs than called for (what was left over after measuring the correct amount). Only baked for 10 minutes, as I have a dark non-stick pan (didn't change the temp at all).
Filling: as always, I beat the cream cheese before adding the sugar. Making sure no lumps are anywhere to be found! :) Also used 2 lowfat + 1 fullfat cream cheese. Doing so hasn't ever affected my cheesecakes, nobody notices a difference, and it saves (a few) fat grams! Could only find imitation coconut extract, but it worked beautifully.
Glaze: halved the amount and used half 'n' half in place of the heavy whipping cream. Half the amount seemed plenty; can't imagine using more! Also used Ghirardelli 60% bittersweet chocolate chips. Topped with lightly toasted coconut, chilled 1 hour, and that was that! Oh.........I always chill my cheesecakes 40-48 hours before tasting.......let flavors meld on 'ripen'. :) An excellent cheesecake recipe, one of my new favorites!
I made this for a party and everyone loved it!
I was excited to make this but was very disappointed at how unsweet it was. There is no sugar in the crust and only 3/4 cup in the filling. That is significantly less sugar than most cheesecakes. I still decided to try it as written. Everyone liked the texture but commented that it could be sweeter. I think I will try it again but I will either add about 1/3 cup cream of coconut or 1 cup of sugar in the filling instead of 3/4 cup. Heck, I might even try both! I will also use milk chocolate chips for the top since semi-sweet is more like a mounds and not an almond joy.
All I can say is HOLY COW is this good !! I only had chocolate graham crackers & I think that they were perfect. Made the recipe as written, used a med. size oven cooking bag around the springform pan because it seem's like when I use the foil it always leask' a bit and with the bag there are no problem's. I can't wait for more company so I can make this again. Thank you Keri Brammer, I think you should have won first place !!
BEST CHEESECAKE RECIPE EVER!!!! Super easy to make - I took the liberty of modifying it a bit by purchasing a chocolate Keebler pre-made pie crust & omitting the nuts - & the taste & texture are to die for! It was like biting into an Mounds Bar! When my husband asked me what I was eating I simply replied "heaven".......
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >