- a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in
- coconut extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Fold in coconut. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large
- baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake
- on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool
- 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small
- saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk
- until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading
- consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour
- or until set. Top with toasted coconut and almonds if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without coconut and almonds) equals 543 calories, 42 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.