Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake Recipe
My idea was to make a cheesecake taste like my favorite candy bar, which has chocolate, coconut and almonds. This cheesecake also works in bite size. Use a mini muffin pan with muffin liners, fill 3/4 full and bake 15-17 minutes. Allow to sit and cool completely before topping with chocolate, coconut and almonds. —Keri Brammer, Lawton, Oklahoma
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toasted shaved coconut and chopped almonds, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coconut extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in coconut. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. For glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 6. Remove rim from pan. Spread glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Top with toasted coconut and almonds if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice (calculated without coconut and almonds) equals 543 calories, 42 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC