- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Toasted shaved coconut and chopped almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coconut extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in coconut. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Top with toasted coconut and almonds if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake
Sort By :
"i was excited to make this think that it would taste like an almond joy candy bar. Was extremely disappointing. The crust had no flavor and the cheesecake part had little to no flavor of coconut. This cake was not sweet enough."
"I made this delicious dessert for a party and everyone was asking for the recipe! I added about 3/4 cup of miniature semi sweet morsels to the filling, to give it a bit of an extra treat. I would highly recommend this cheesecake to anyone! In fact, my neighbor has asked me to make this for her birthday."
"This was a hit at our annual Christmas party!"
"This sounds wonderful.... (to that end even though I haven't made it I'm confident it's wonderful and will rate it anyway) I'm curious from anyone who might be able to help - I'd love to make this in a 9 X 13 pan for coffee hour at church. I'm guessing the ingredients would work fine, just wondering about the baking time. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you"