Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Toasted shaved coconut and chopped almonds, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in coconut extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in coconut. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to larger pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen edges from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For glaze, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool slightly to reach a spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Remove rim from pan. Spread glaze over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Top with toasted coconut and almonds if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I saw this in the magazine about a year ago and decided to make it for my mom for Mother's Day. She loved it! It wasn't too difficult to make and it really does resemble an almond joy!"
"GrannySmith123 ... Directions #2 says to mix the crumbs, coconut, almonds and butter. Then press in the bottom and up the sides to form the crust for the cheese cake. Hope this helps, you'll find making cheesecakes are really easy once you have one under your belt."
"Do you have a healthier version of this?"
"Haven't tried this yet but have to, very soon. It sounds wonderful. But I want to know, too, how to use it in the mini-muffin pan. That sounds like a fun thing!!"
"Have not tried yet--how do I use the crumbs, etc. in the mini muffin pan liners?"