Chocolate-Glazed Brownies Recipe
These moist and fudgy squares are bursting with such rich chocolate flavor, you'd never know they're low in fat. "These brownies are ideal for taking to bake sales and family gatherings or sharing with co-workers," Deb Anderson of Joplin, Missouri relates. "For holidays, I like to dress them up with colorful candy sprinkles."
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- Halloween candy sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Spread over brownies. Decorate with candy sprinkles if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
One serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC