Chocolate-Glazed Brownies Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- Halloween candy sprinkles, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, vanilla and enough water to achieve desired consistency. Spread over brownies. Decorate with candy sprinkles if desired. Cut into bars. Yield: 1 dozen.
One serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate-Glazed Brownies
"Great lower fat/cal brownie. Love the icing and the sprinkles add a s[ecial treat for the kids for the holidays (use different holiday themed sprinkles)."
"The brownies were not fudge like at all, they are very dry, almost like cake"