Chocolate Gingersnaps Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses, water and gingerroot. Combine the flour, cocoa, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Gingersnaps
"I brought these cookies into work one afternoon and within 20 minutes every single cookie was gone. Not even a crumb left! Just the right amount of spice and then mellowed by the chocolate. Delicious!"
"An absolute favorite and the more I share these cookies with friends, the more folks claim it's their favorite too. YUMMMMMMM"
"This is my favorite winter cookie. It has become a most requested around the holidays."
"Baked these for my church's bazaar and people just loved them! I have even got requests to make them again this year."
"Impressed that a 15 year old developed this recipe! Will make these soon and rate it here!"
"These cookies are a great combinations of chocolate and ginger!!! They are amazing!!! I will make these again and again!!!"
"These are now my favorate cookie. Love them!"