Chocolate Gingersnaps Recipe
When my daughter, Jennifer, was 15 years old, she created this recipe as a way to combine two of her favorite flavors. They're great with a glass of milk.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the molasses, water and gingerroot. Combine the flour, cocoa, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until tops begin to crack. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Gingersnaps
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC