Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Mix Recipe
Satisfy gingerbread fans and chocoholics alike with a merry gift of cookie mix in a festive tin. They can cut the rolled dough into any shapes they like.—Redawna Kalynchuk, Sexsmith, Alberta
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Place chocolate chips in a resealable plastic bag. Place both bags in a cookie tin. Yield: 1 batch.
- 2. To prepare cookies: In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, butter, molasses and water. Cook and stir over low heat until chips and butter are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the dry ingredients to form a soft dough. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. gingerbread cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Reroll scraps. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Mix
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC