When it’s breezy outside and time for breakfast, we love this tender, moist muffin with hints of ginger and orange, served slightly warm. —Eva Amuso, Cheshire, Massachusetts
Recommended: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, oil, yogurt and orange peel until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and crystallized ginger.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
Originally published as Chocolate-Ginger Pumpkin Muffins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p68
Reviews for Chocolate-Ginger Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review