This smooth satin chocolate frosting will bring a touch of elegance to even the most basic cake. A simple garnish such as fresh fruit, mint leaves or edible flowers adds the finishing touch.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring
- cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture
- reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes.
- Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread
- ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly
- before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture
- reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Yield: 1-1/4
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 135 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.