Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- 2. For a pourable ganache, cool, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened, about 40 minutes. Pour over cake, allowing some to drape down the sides. Spread ganache with a spatula if necessary to evenly coat, working quickly before it thickens. Let stand until set.
- 3. For spreadable ganache, chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches a spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoon: 135 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Ganache
"Easy to make, rich and delicious. Used on contest winning moist chocolate cake from this site. I found that it did not need 40 minutes to set up for pouring, but more like 15 to 20 minutes."
"Quick, easy, and delicious. I used it to glaze a cheesecake."
"Family loved this on a chocolate pie!"
"quick easy good"
"This was a very easy recipe to follow. I had extra Ganache and so I dipped some strawberries and they came out great!"