Chocolate Ganache Cake Recipe
"Here's to that chocolate fix we all need!" notes Kathy Kittell, field editor from Lenexa, Kansas. She uses cream in both the filling and glaze of her beautiful dessert.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Pour into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a small mixing bowl; chill until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Chill until mixture achieves spreading consistency.
- 4. For ganache, in a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Gradually add cream; heat until just warmed. Chill until slightly thickened.
- 5. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with filling. Top with remaining cake layer. Slowly pour ganache over top of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 436 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Ganache Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC