Chocolate Ganache Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Grease a 10-in. springform pan and dust with baking cocoa; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. Using low speed, add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Gradually add chocolate mixture; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or just until set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove sides of pan and invert onto a serving plate; invert again, so top side is up.
- 4. For ganache, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with cream; stir until smooth. Cool until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spread ganache over top of cake, allowing some to drape over the sides.
- 5. For sauce, in a large saucepan, heat raspberries. Transfer raspberries to a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- 6. In another saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency. Stir in orange extract.
- 7. For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Garnish cake with chocolate whipped cream and sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 777 calories, 56g fat (33g saturated fat), 199mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 7g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Ganache Cake with Raspberry Sauce
"I mad this today for Mother's Day. The recipe was good and straight forward. I did not have semisweet chocolate but instead had 72% cocoa one so I added 3/4 cup of sugar to sweeten it a bit more. Other modifications I used were: a) went with vanilla whipping cream rather than the chocolate whipping cream (used about 1, maybe 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract) b) did not strain the sauce at all c) served it with the sauce splashed on top of the cake rather the on the side of it.While it's a heavy cake, any cake that calls for 1.2 kg of chocolate and 8 eggs is going to be heavy. I estimated the cake to yield about 21-24 servings at the size of slices I made but would definitively advise to use 1 or 1.25 cm slices (at the outer) so about 32-36 slices out of the cake.Otherwise an excellent cake which everybody seemed to like. Definitively very chocolately but that's not necessarily a bad thing :D"
"It's very chocolatety but I love the raspberry sauce. Me and my husband could not finish a piece and kept the rest in the freezer."