Chocolate Ganache Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Divine and heavenly are the words that come to mind when I take a bite of this fudgy, luscious cake. Nothing soothes the soul like dark chocolate. — Laura Moore, Prescott, Arizona
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 50 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 2 pounds semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Grease a 10-in. springform pan and dust with baking cocoa; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over medium heat; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 5 minutes. Using low speed, add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Gradually add chocolate mixture; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-28 minutes or just until set. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove sides of pan and invert onto a serving plate; invert again, so top side is up.
- 4. For ganache, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips with cream; stir until smooth. Cool until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Spread ganache over top of cake, allowing some to drape over the sides.
- 5. For sauce, in a large saucepan, heat raspberries. Transfer raspberries to a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- 6. In another saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved raspberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until mixture reaches desired consistency. Stir in orange extract.
- 7. For whipped cream, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Garnish cake with chocolate whipped cream and sauce. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC