Chocolate Fudge Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) prune baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in the marshmallow creme, pecans, baby food and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 3. Lift fudge out of pan and remove foil; cut into 1-in squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds (64 pieces).
1 piece: 79 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge
"Nice tasting although I think that you should leave the sugar mixture on the stove until you've managed to melt all the chocolate chips, then take it off the stove and add remaining ingredients, very yummy"