My husband loves peanut butter fudge, and I love chocolate fudge. Hazelnut spread boasts both a cocoa and nut flavor, so now we finally have a fudge we can enjoy together. —Amy Reasoner, Ozark, Missouri
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, optional
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large saucepan, combine cubed butter, brown sugar and milk. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Nutella and vanilla; transfer to a large bowl. Add confectioners' sugar; beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth. Immediately spread into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle with hazelnuts. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds (64 pieces).
Originally published as Chocolate Fudge with Hazelnut in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p82