- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate fudge frosting, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Reserve one can plus 1/3 cup frosting for topping cookies. In a large bowl, mix egg, peanut butter and remaining frosting until blended. Stir in flour just until moistened.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8-11 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with reserved frosting. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cookies
"Very good, dense and super rich. You really can't eat more than one or two at a time."
"Chocolate and peanut butter are one of the all time great combinations so there is really no way these cookies could go wrong. I did only use 1 can of the frosting though and it was plenty. This is a great one to make with your kids."
"@mamu8535....just place a bit of sugar in a shallow dish. The sugar is only used for dipping the fork in and smashing the cookies (like a regular peanut cookie recipe). It does not go in the recipe itself. Start with just a bit (maybe 2 TBLS.) and add more as needed. Hope this helps. Also, I want to add that this cookie is good and so simple to make."
"This recipe calls for sugar but doesn't say how much. Please let me know how much sugar to use. Thank you ."
"I love the recipe BUT the label for diabetic friendly should be removed. Any recipe calling for 2 cans of ready made frosting that adds flour and sugar to the mix cannot be considered diabetic. But it is a very good recipe and definitely a keeper!"