Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cake
"This made-from-a-mix dessert tastes like you started from scratch!" says Charlene Griffin, a field editor from Minocqua, Wisconsin.
32 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and extract. Add pie filling;
- mix well. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted
- near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter. Cook and
- stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Remove from the
- heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over warm cake;
- spread evenly. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 32 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 162 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.