"This made-from-a-mix dessert tastes like you started from scratch!" says Charlene Griffin, a field editor from Minocqua, Wisconsin.
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs and extract. Add pie filling; mix well. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar, milk and butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Pour over warm cake; spread evenly. Cool completely before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 32 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p65
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review