Chocolate Fudge Brownies Recipe
My children always looked forward to these after-school snacks. They're so fudgy they don't need icing. —Hazel Fritchie, Palenstine, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- 4. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC