Chocolate Fudge Brownies
My brownies are so fudgy, they taste like there's icing mixed right in. Back when my kids were in school, I'd bake some of these treats as a welcome home surprise. —Hazel Fritchie, Palestine, Illinois
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and
- chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or
- until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do
- not overbake).
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 brownie equals 395 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium,