Chocolate Fudge Brownies Recipe
My brownies are so fudgy, they taste like there's icing mixed right in. Back when my kids were in school, I'd bake some of these treats as a welcome home surprise. —Hazel Fritchie, Palestine, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- 3. Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- 4. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
1 brownie equals 395 calories, 28 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC