- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge Brownies
"These were FABULOUS!! My husband is a baker's son and is constantly talking about how he misses the things his dad used to make in his bakery. He said these brownies were just like his dad's. Needless to say - very happy hubby! Based on reviews, I used half the walnuts and added about 1/2 c. of mini chocolate chips. So good!! I think I would also like to try them with peanut butter chips mixed in. I will definitely be making these again. (and again, and again...)"
"These were very thick and fudgy! Great recipe!"
"Wow! These are so good! My husband and I call them "dangerous brownies"! I was careful not to overbake and they are so rich, chocolatey and fudgey! I, too, just used half the walnuts and that was plenty for us. This will be my "go-to" brownie recipe now for sure!"
"These are ooey gooey fudgy goodness in a bar. I used half the nuts and added one cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips. They were delicious. The second time I made them I used up some mint chocolate chips I had leftover and YUM!!!! They key is not to over bake them just as the recipe states."
"great also in a 9x13 pan"