- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Sort By :
"Wow! These are so good! My husband and I call them "dangerous brownies"! I was careful not to overbake and they are so rich, chocolatey and fudgey! I, too, just used half the walnuts and that was plenty for us. This will be my "go-to" brownie recipe now for sure!"
"These are ooey gooey fudgy goodness in a bar. I used half the nuts and added one cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips. They were delicious. The second time I made them I used up some mint chocolate chips I had leftover and YUM!!!! They key is not to over bake them just as the recipe states."
"great also in a 9x13 pan"
"I've pretty much given up on box mixes after making this because it's so yummy and versatile! I do lower the amount of sugar, though, because I actually found 2 cups to be too sweet, even using unsweetened chocolate. I usually use 1/ 1/4- 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead and that's way better. Kids love this as well!"
"Awesome, gooey goodness."