- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour, mixing well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake).
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Sort By :
"These are ooey gooey fudgy goodness in a bar. I used half the nuts and added one cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips. They were delicious. The second time I made them I used up some mint chocolate chips I had leftover and YUM!!!! They key is not to over bake them just as the recipe states."
"great also in a 9x13 pan"
"I've pretty much given up on box mixes after making this because it's so yummy and versatile! I do lower the amount of sugar, though, because I actually found 2 cups to be too sweet, even using unsweetened chocolate. I usually use 1/ 1/4- 1 1/2 cups of sugar instead and that's way better. Kids love this as well!"
"Awesome, gooey goodness."
"not sweet enough, the unsweetened chocolate was really bitter. A huge disappointment unfortunately"