No one will believe this rich, tantalizing candy is lower in fat, so you'd better include the recipe when you package this sweet treat, suggests Vickie McGuckin of Trenton, Michigan. "This yummy fudge is so quick and easy to make," she says.
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) prune baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Stir in the marshmallow creme, pecans, baby food and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Lift fudge out of pan and remove foil; cut into 1-in squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds (64 pieces).
Originally published as Chocolate Fudge in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p5
Reviews for Chocolate Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review