- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and cocoa; add to buttermilk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pie filling, peaches and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir in extract. Spoon 2 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe. Fold sides of crepe over filling. Drizzle with ice cream topping and garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Fruit Crepes
"I am not a fan of fruit fillings so I decided to use fresh strawberries and bananas. It was amazing! I spread nutella on the crepe and then put some strawberries and bananas and rolled it up. It was so delicious! Everybody loved it who I gave it to."
"easy to make and filling. good for your sweet tooth."
"I made this for a bunch of friends and everyone thought it was really great. I didn't have the extract and so I just left it out it was still good. This was my first crepes making experience and it was super easy!!"
"Instead of cinnamon, this is an excellent recipe for the use of a quarter teaspoon of ground cloves. Cloves makes an excellent compliment to peaches and cherries."
"that's funny :)"
"I havent tried it yet - but I definitely will try it !! :)"