Chocolate Fruit Basket Cake Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 11 Kit Kat candy bars (1-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, warmed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Separate candy bars; lightly press into sides of cake. Arrange berries on top; brush with preserves. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 673 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 94 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.