Chocolate Fruit Basket Cake
Basic ingredients jazz up this easy cake, one that’s sure to bring “oohs” and “aahs!” Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 11 Kit Kat candy bars (1-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, warmed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two
- greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake.
- Separate candy bars; lightly press into sides of cake. Arrange
- berries on top; brush with preserves. Garnish with mint if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 673 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 94 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.