- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Sort By :
They are yummy
Super moist and flavorful! Everybody loves these!!!
These are SO delicious and moist! Plus the peanut butter just adds to the deliciousness of these cupcakes. Everyone loved them!
I made these for my granddaughters graduation party I used my own frosting because I knew they would be sitting out a while and was concerned with the whip cream in the orginal frosting receipe they were excellent!!
I made these today, and they are awesome...very moist. I added some chocolate covered Peanut butter Crisp in the batter (like crushed Butterfinger bites) I also added a little more Powdered Sugar to the frosting in order to use a decorative tip. The cake itself is as good as it gets! Thanks for the recipe.