Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
Cupcakes aren’t just for girls! My dad and brothers love peanut butter cups—the inspiration for these goodies. —Alisa Christensen, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 289 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC