Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
Cupcakes aren’t just for girls! My dad and brothers love peanut butter cups—the inspiration for these goodies. —Alisa Christensen, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 289 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC