Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, peanut butter, eggs, water and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Place chocolate chips in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally, to room temperature. Add butter and confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 289 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Cupcakes
"They are yummy"
"Super moist and flavorful! Everybody loves these!!!"
"These are SO delicious and moist! Plus the peanut butter just adds to the deliciousness of these cupcakes. Everyone loved them!"
"I made these for my granddaughters graduation party I used my own frosting because I knew they would be sitting out a while and was concerned with the whip cream in the orginal frosting receipe they were excellent!!"
"I made these today, and they are awesome...very moist. I added some chocolate covered Peanut butter Crisp in the batter (like crushed Butterfinger bites) I also added a little more Powdered Sugar to the frosting in order to use a decorative tip. The cake itself is as good as it gets! Thanks for the recipe."
"This recipe is outstanding! The cupcakes were very moiste and the amount of peanut butter was just right. The ganache chocolate icing is awesome too. Thanks so much for sharing :-)"
"I used my own chocolate icing and added a chocolate kiss to the center of this cupcake - was a great success/ will be in my "favorites" recipe box.."
"Great recipe!! Easy and delicious. For a more peanut buttery taste, I've added up to a cup of peanut butter and they still had the same moistness and texture. Used homestyle can frosting though.."
"Very easy to make and SO delicious, light, fluffy...everybody loves them!"
"I tried this recipe, and I thought the cupcakes were wonderful. The peanut butter flavor is light--not heavy like other recipes. They baked up light and fluffy. I baked them for 20 minutes. I used my own chocolate frosting recipe because I wanted to be able to freeze leftovers.. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I will make this recipe again. They freeze well also.EH"
"Delicious and easy peasy!! A definite "keeper".Just a tip: The frosting doesn't stay well in heat as it melts easily. Try another recipe for a summer picnic :)"
"I made the frosting only. It was fabulous! I made mini white cupcakes and frosted them with this recipe and topped them off with a raspberry! I took them to a ladies coffee and dessert night at church. They were so cute and yummy! I know I'll use this frosting recipe again and again. Thanks!"
"Made these for my daughter's birthday party and her guests loved them! I, too, liked the peanut butter and chocolate combination (think Reese's peanut butter cups!)...and the peanut butter is subtle, not overpowering. This recipe is getting filed in my recipe box!"
"These cupcakes were delicious, with an added feature of being SO easy. The cupcakes had a wonderful, moist texture, with the perfect amount of peanut butter taste; not overwhelming. The chocolate frosting is also easy to prepare, and delicious! Will make these again and again; a big hit with my family!"