- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons water
- In a small saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add egg; beat well until dough is smooth and shiny.
- Using a tablespoon or a pastry tube with a #10 or larger tip, form dough into two 5-in. x 2-in. strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately cut a slit in eclairs to allow steam to escape.
- Place pudding in a small bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into pudding. Split eclairs; remove soft dough from inside. Fill with pudding mixture.
- For frosting, place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15-20 seconds longer or until melted. Stir in confectioners' sugar and enough water to achieve a smooth consistency. Frost eclairs. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Frosted Eclairs in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p27
Reviews for Chocolate-Frosted Eclairs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review