- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices day-old bread, crusts removed
- 3 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt. Pour half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange six slices of bread in a single layer over egg mixture. Place one piece of chocolate in the center of each piece of bread. Top with remaining bread; pour remaining egg mixture over all. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut sandwiches diagonally; serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate French Toast
Sort By :
"This was amazing! I halved the recipe because it was only made for two people. I also used regualar 100% whole wheat sandwich bread and Hershey's Extra Dark Chocolate to try and make it a tad healthier. This really hit the spot especially since I'm a huge chocolate lover."