Chocolate-Filled Spritz Recipe
I found this delicious cookie recipe years ago. Over time, I decided to liven them up with a creamy chocolate filling.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Spritz
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC