I found this delicious cookie recipe years ago. Over time, I decided to liven them up with a creamy chocolate filling.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine dry
- ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or
- until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over bottom
- of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 188 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.