- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread over bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Filled Spritz in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p35
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Spritz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2009
"GREAT COOKIE!!! I made the cookie orange flavored .Very easy and added nice touch to my Christmas cookie tray .I make about 20 different cookies for Christmas to give to family & friends."