Chocolate-Filled Raspberry Meringues Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-1/2-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in the oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate with water; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat milk, vanilla and whipped topping mix until soft peaks form. Fold into melted chocolate. Spoon into meringue cups. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.