"Whenever I serve these pretty pink meringue cups filled with fluffy chocolate mousse, I get compliments," notes Millie Charles of Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- Place egg whites in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in gelatin. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 3-1/2-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 250° for 45 minutes. Turn oven off; leave meringues in the oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate with water; stir until smooth. Cool. In a small bowl, beat milk, vanilla and whipped topping mix until soft peaks form. Fold into melted chocolate. Spoon into meringue cups. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Filled Raspberry Meringues in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p52
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Raspberry Meringues
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review