Chocolate-Filled Poppy Seed Cookies Recipe
While it's been around for years, this recipe remains enjoyable to this day. A co-worker prepared these at a cookie exchange a while back...they were the biggest hit of the party.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:39 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately make an indentation in the center again. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; fill with melted chocolate. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC