While it's been around for years, this recipe remains enjoyable to this day. A co-worker prepared these at a cookie exchange a while back...they were the biggest hit of the party.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately make an indentation in the center again. Remove to wire racks to cool slightly; fill with melted chocolate. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Filled Poppy Seed cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p56
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Poppy Seed Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review