Chocolate-Filled Crinkles Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- 3. For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk over medium heat; stir until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- 4. Spoon 1 teaspoon into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
2 each: 171 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Crinkles
"I will be making this recipe again. My son loves them."