I had this recipe in my files some time before I finally got around to trying it. I'm glad I did...my family thinks these are the best!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and condensed milk over medium heat; stir until smooth. Stir in pecans, coconut and enough milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon into each cookie. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Filled Crinkles in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p73
Reviews for Chocolate-Filled Crinkles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 21, 2010
"I will be making this recipe again. My son loves them."