Chocolate Farmyard Cookies Recipe
"I've been baking these goodies since 1948," attests Laverne Militello of Deltona, Florida. "The dough is a cinch to make and the cookies are always a hit. Our friends tell me how delicious the treats are each time I serve them."—Laverne Militello, Deltona, Florida
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar, optional
- 1 cup white frosting
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and chocolate; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.Cover and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Roll out on a floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut into animal shapes. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Frost as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen (3- inch to 4-inch cookies).
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Farmyard Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC