- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks
- form. Fold into batter. Spread into prepared pan. Place pan on a
- baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack to
- room temperature. Remove sides of pan and invert onto a serving
- Place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream
- just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Cool,
- stirring occasionally, to room temperature or until ganache reaches
- a spreading consistency, about 30 minutes.
- Spread ganache over top and sides of cake; press almonds onto sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 14
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 387 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.