I love Christmas so much that I decorate in October. I don't care for eggnog, but it's such a tradition at Christmastime that I created an eggnog that I even like! —Debbie Holcombe, Brunswick, Georgia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% chocolate milk, divided
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ground nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk eggs and sugar until blended; stir
- in 2 cups chocolate milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 12-15
- minutes or until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a
- thermometer reads at least 160°. Do not allow to boil.
- Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the ice cream, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Add
- remaining chocolate milk. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft
- peaks form; stir into eggnog mixture. Transfer to a pitcher.
- Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Stir just before serving. If
- desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 283 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium,