Chocolate Eggnog Recipe
I love Christmas so much that I decorate in October. I don't care for eggnog, but it's such a tradition at Christmastime that I created an eggnog that I even like! —Debbie Holcombe, Brunswick, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% chocolate milk, divided
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ground nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk eggs and sugar until blended; stir in 2 cups chocolate milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in the ice cream, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Add remaining chocolate milk. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; stir into eggnog mixture. Transfer to a pitcher.
- 3. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Stir just before serving. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 283 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC