Chocolate Eggnog Recipe
I love Christmas so much that I decorate in October. I don't care for eggnog, but it's such a tradition at Christmastime that I created an eggnog that even I like! —Debbie Holcombe, Brunswick, Georgia
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% chocolate milk, divided
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ground nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk eggs and sugar until blended; stir in 2 cups chocolate milk. Cook and stir over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in ice cream, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir in remaining chocolate milk. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; stir into eggnog mixture. Transfer to a pitcher.
- 3. Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Stir just before serving. Top servings as desired. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup (calculated without optional topping: 283 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Eggnog
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC