Reduced-fat eggnog makes this creamy pie spiced just right, and a light treat for topping off a holiday meal. — Keri Whitney, Sunnyvale, Texas
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups reduced-fat eggnog
- 2-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- Additional reduced-fat whipped topping, optional
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix flour, walnuts, brown sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray; press mixture into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in eggnog. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into eggnog mixture.
- Divide mixture in half. In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining water until blended; stir into one half of the eggnog mixture. Stir rum extract into the remaining half. Refrigerate both mixtures, covered, until partially set.
- Fold 2 cups whipped topping into rum-flavored portion; spoon into crust. Gently spread chocolate portion over top. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, top with additional whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Eggnog Pie in Taste of Home November 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Eggnog Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review