- from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water;
- let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let
- stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into
- eggnog mixture.
- Divide mixture in half. In a small bowl, whisk cocoa and remaining
- water until blended; stir into one half of the eggnog mixture. Stir
- rum extract into the remaining half. Refrigerate both mixtures,
- covered, until partially set.
- Fold 2 cups whipped topping into rum-flavored portion; spoon into
- crust. Gently spread chocolate portion over top. Refrigerate,
- covered, at least 2 hours before serving. If desired, top with
- additional whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional whipped topping) equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.