Chocolate Eggnog Recipe
I love Christmas so much that I decorate in October. I don't care for eggnog, but it's such a tradition at Christmastime that I created an eggnog that I even like! —Debbie Holcombe, Brunswick, Georgia
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% chocolate milk, divided
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ground nutmeg and/or chocolate curls
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk eggs and sugar until blended; stir in 2 cups chocolate milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until mixture is just thick enough to coat a spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the ice cream, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Add remaining chocolate milk. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; stir into eggnog mixture. Transfer to a pitcher.
- Refrigerate, covered, until cold. Stir just before serving. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Chocolate Eggnog in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p89
Reviews for Chocolate Eggnog(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review