- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light chocolate syrup
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil, stirring constantly until butter is melted. Reduce heat to low; add the flour. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from the heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until the batter becomes smooth. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Immediately remove from pan and cut in half horizontally. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat the pudding mix, milk and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Just before serving, place bottom eclair layer on a serving platter; cover with filling. Replace top layer and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Eclair Dessert
"excellent make it a great deal for my husband and grandchildren they all love it and my husband is a type 2 diabetic"
"I first made this recipe from the magazine right after it was published, then lost the magazine. This was wonderful! So easy to do eclairs for a crowd. I used regular pudding mix and regular chocolate syrup, but otherwise the same, and everyone loved it. So glad I found this again!"
"I have had this recipe before so it was nice to find it again. I can tell you this is a great dessert for people who need sugar free foods, you can give it a twist by changing the flavors of pudding you use, it also works well with regular puddings. In my family there are a few diabetics so this works great for gatherins and everybody enjoys it!"