"My father, who's diabetic, loves chocolate and baked goods," explains Owen Jack Hiatt of Colorado Springs, Colorado. "Our whole family can enjoy this beautiful mouthwatering dessert."—Owen Jack Hiatt, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light chocolate syrup
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil, stirring constantly until butter is melted. Reduce heat to low; add the flour. Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball. Remove from the heat.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until the batter becomes smooth. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until puffed and golden. Immediately remove from pan and cut in half horizontally. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat the pudding mix, milk and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth. Just before serving, place bottom eclair layer on a serving platter; cover with filling. Replace top layer and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Eclair Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p17
Reviews for Chocolate Eclair Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review