“These are great with a hot drink!” These crunchy bites are perfect with after-dinner coffee or as a morning treat. They're just as yummy dunked in milk. Nancy Whitford - Edwards, NY
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar blend, cocoa, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 2 egg whites, vanilla and coffee granules; let stand for 3-4 minutes or until granules are dissolved. Stir in orange peel. Stir into flour mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in half. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape each half into a 14-in. x 1-3/4-in. rectangle. Combine water and remaining egg white; brush over rectangles. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cracked and firm to the touch. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5-7 minutes on each side or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Dunk-Shot Biscotti in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p50
Reviews for Chocolate Dunk-Shot Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review