Chocolate Drop Cookies Recipe
These soft, cake-like cookies topped with a creamy cocoa frosting have a pleasant walnut flavor. The recipe makes a lot, so there are plenty of these chocolaty treats to share.—Beth More, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup hot strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Beat in chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until smooth. Frost cookies. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 85 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC