Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread Recipe
The home economists in our Test Kitchen came up with this recipe for cookies that are as pretty as they are tasty.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 18 cookies.
1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC