The home economists in our Test Kitchen came up with this recipe for cookies that are as pretty as they are tasty.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in
- vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets;
- flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and
- shortening; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Drizzle over
- cookies. Yield: 18 cookies.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 190 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.