Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 18 cookies.
2 each: 190 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread
"This is a great small batch shortbread cookie! Very easy to put together and by varying the extract you can easily change the taste. Adding half a teaspoon of almond extract made these even better! I simply scooped dough and then pressed with some sugar. Some in family preferred without the chocolate. Others insist on chocolate! As a volunteer editor for Taste of Home, I love classic recipes that I can easily put together with simple ingredients."
"I loved the ease of this recipe! Instead of rolling the dough into balls, I used a small cookie scoop. The consistency of the dough was perfect for this and the scoops pressed down into nice round circles with the sugar-coated glass."
"Butter, sugar, vanilla and flour. What could be easier? The simple taste melts in your mouth. I dipped half of the cookie in the chocolate and set in on waxed paper to harden. I like the smaller cookie recipes so I won't be tempted to eat them all!"