The home economists in our Test Kitchen came up with this recipe for cookies that are as pretty as they are tasty.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
- For drizzle, in a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt the chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. Drizzle over cookies. Yield: 18 cookies.
Originally published as Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p273
Reviews for Chocolate-Drizzled Shortbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review