- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup cold 2% milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/4-in.-thick circle; transfer to an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Trim pastry even with rim; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix milk, maple flavoring, cinnamon and salt until blended. Stir in pecans, walnuts and almonds; add to crust. Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate 1 hour or until filling is firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Drizzled Maple-Nut Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Chocolate Drizzled Maple-Nut Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review