- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Drizzle with half of the melted chocolate. Top with remaining batter
- and chocolate. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add confectioners' sugar and ginger; beat until soft peaks form.
- Serve with cake. If desired, sprinkle with crystallized ginger and
- chocolate shavings. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece cake with about 2 tablespoons whipped cream equals 422 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.