- nut mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining phyllo sheets,
- brushing each with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes. Bake 30-35
- minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine water, honey, sugar and cinnamon;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Stir in
- Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover
- and let stand for several hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Drizzle over baklava; let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 213 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.